The notion of organized crime
– This is the activity of criminal groups or organizations whose goal is the illegal execution of business, that is, the commission of criminal offenses for gaining profit or dominance in certain areas of public life.
In conceptual terms, crime can be viewed in the context of all registered and sanctioned offenses in a certain territory at a certain time (narrow sense) or, in the context of all behaviors that have violated criminal law norms, regardless of whether the vindicators are known or no, whether criminal proceedings and sanctions have been initiated against them (or not)
Definition of crime
The generally accepted definition of crime refers to “all those activities and omissions that threaten at a certain time interval of individuals or goods in the material and moral sense that belong to these individuals, various social organizations, and society as a whole, incriminated in vain the penal-correctional norms of a country, are considered to be legally treated as its crime during that time. Their executors are taken for a certain criminal responsibility and are subject to appropriate sanctions for their execution. ”
How crime is divided according to the degree of organization
Unorganized crime (situation and some semi-professional criminals)
Semi-organized crime (ad-hoc group or gang)
– The existence of a specialist division of labor and tasks between participants in criminal activity
– Existence of notable mechanisms of discipline and control within the criminal group
– Use or threaten the use of violence in the commission of criminal offenses
– Use of commercial or commercial type structures in the commission of criminal offenses
– Activity in money laundering operations
– Cross-border or international dimension of criminal activity
– An attempt to make the influence of a legitimate state institution by the criminal group.
Works classified in the category of international crimes according to the Interpol classification are grouped into 5 groups.
1. WORKS AGAINST PARTICIPANTS
– Murders and injuries
– a crime against human rights (this places the acts in which the state violates human rights and slavery)
– pornography, trade in obscene material
2. WORKS AGAINST PROPERTY
– robbery, provable, extortion
– pocketing as an international criminal activity
– Theft with transnational consequences (such as theft of motor vehicles, theft of cultural goods).
3. THE WORK OF THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL OF THE WHITE OWNER
– The work of computer crime
– “money laundering”.
4. FALSIFICATION WORK
– Forgery of artistic and industrial goods
– forging documents
– Forgery of foreign paper and metal coins.
– unauthorized trafficking in narcotic drugs
– the smuggling of other goods (and people).
The term professional criminality
– Professional criminality consists in performing various types of criminal acts, mostly property, in the form of occupations, which serves as a source of permanent or occasional, basic or incidental income. Professionally, theft, fraud, forgery, organizing prostitution, drug trafficking etc. are usually done.
The term mafia
The mafia is a specific delinquent structure in the environment that operates within organized forms of crime. It should be seen as an organization with a monopoly of power and the ability to implement agreements by applying threats to violence. The specifics of the mafia point to the firmness and strong structure of an organization that is ready to deal with all opponents, regardless of the level at which they are located and which functions are performed in the authorities and state authorities. Mafiacal organizations have long since overgrew the epithet of a group of criminals. Today these organizations function as large companies that illegally acquired money and enter legal businesses. Mafias have become businessmen who unite and cooperate with other mafia organizations on a global level according to market demands, all in order to achieve as much profits as possible.
The structure of the most famous mafia organization “Cosa Nostra”
The organization is based on family – family, for which Bos (don, capo), who has absolute authority, takes care of the discipline, order and financial effects of the criminal organization. He has his deputy who pores between him and the subordinates, and confuses him in his absence. Then a counselor is appointed, who is an older person who no longer participates in criminal activity, and on the hierarchical scale is in the same level with the deputy and is very influential. The counselor is dedicated to giving specific advice on maintaining a family tradition. On the lowest level are soldiers who are direct executors of all criminal activities in the mafia.
Author: Petar Petrovic